Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Whitney Wedding!!


On Sunday August 16th two very special people in my life got married - my brother, Jon, and my good friend and wedding planner, Katie. Now Katie is officially a Whitney and my sister-in-law. But I think I'll just call her "sis".


These pics are from my digital camera and were taken by my favorite photographer - my boyfriend Chris! :)



Their wedding was at the Nonantum Resort in Kennebunkport, ME. We were right on the water and the weather was outstanding the whole weekend. (Katie even planned that part perfectly! See, ladies, she really is that good!)





Katie had a very cool vision for the processional for the bridesmaids and herself. We all took a beautiful one hour sailboat cruise along the ocean and arrived to the ceremony site by boat. She even had the ceremony musician play "The Love Boat" music as the guests caught a first glimpse of us sailing up to the shore. I can't wait to see the photographer's pics of our sail and our entrance. All reports from shore said it looked amazing - I can only speak by experience on the boat which was very cool!





Beautiful ceremony by the water! I cried my eyes out!





I got to be a bridesmaid at this wedding, not a coordinator! :)



Well, almost... :)





Jon, who's been playing drums since we were kids, got to go up and play with the band for 3 songs. He rocked it out! The whole place went crazy for him. What a rock star!



I saved the best picture for last. Not that the wedding was upstaged by this event, but this was pretty big. See, Jon and the guys went golfing the morning of the wedding and they ran into someone pretty famous on the course. Yup, that's George W. Bush in the middle there, and the groom to the left of him. How many people can say they golfed with a United State President on their wedding day???

What a fun weekend! Jon and Katie - Congrats and I love you both!!

Check back in the near future because I plan to post the professional pics when they come in!


Happy planning! ~ Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment