Sunday, November 22, 2009

My lovely intern Laura


Photo by Tracey Buyce


November 7th marked the last wedding of my 2009 calendar as well as the final wedding for my intern, Laura. She started with me back in June and has put in 500 hours of work with Wedding Planning Plus. That's a lot of wedding work!! Laura has been such a joy to have on the team, and has been instrumental in pulling off so many details at each event she worked on. Often tasked with some of the less glamorous duties - lighting hundreds of votive candles, alphabetizing place cards, and squeegee-ing off a muddy dance floor (true story!) - she was the perfect professional for the bride and groom and a wonderful side kick and sounding board for me. I'm going to miss her exuberance for weddings, her recounts of all the wedding shows she watches, and her pint sized love of the industry.

Laura - you were an amazing addition to my team! Thank you so much for your efforts and all of your hard work. Best of luck to you in wherever life takes you. And if you ever want to make weddings your career you know you will always be welcome here. You will truly be missed!!! :):):)


No comments:

Post a Comment