Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Jessica and Gabe - October 19, 2013


Jessica and Gabe were married on October 19, 2013.  Their ceremony was held at St Mary's Church in East Greenbush and their reception was at River Stone Manor.  They hired me for day-of wedding coordination and also to give them a little help with decor planning in the months leading up to their wedding.  While working with them I learned that Jess and Gabe are big runners and Jess even met me at The Crossings for a run one night over the summer.  She can run fast, and I nearly died trying to keep up with her!  

Jess and Gabe are both such sweet people, very thoughtful and caring towards the one's they love.  Throughout my time working with them they surprised me with gifts of Ommegang beer (yum!) and they even designed a shirt for me that read "Plan, Run, Repeat".  It was honestly the most thoughtful gift I have ever received!  And on the day of their wedding they continued with the outpouring of love to their family and friends, and kept the details of their event simple, personal, and super fun.

One thing I definitely remember from Jessica and Gabe's wedding was hearing that "What Does the Fox Say" song for the first time.  The maid of honor and best man were singing it with them when they were doing photos outside of River Stone Manor and I had no idea what they were talking about.  They filled me in on the lyrics and the ridiculousness of the song, and when the DJ played it later that night they all made a circle and danced around like little foxes.  That definitely made my night!

I got to work with a great group of vendors on this wedding!  It was my first time getting to work with Jessie and Pat from Casey Connell Photography, as well as Jessie's sister who brought a ton of energy to manning their photo booth.  These ladies are great!  Skip and his team at River Stone Manor did an amazing job taking care of everyone all night.  It was my first time working with DJ Chris Johnston and I had a blast with him!  Kris Ann Elario from Fleurtacious Designs did her usual magic with flowers and decor, and Tablecloths For Granted supplied the burlap table overlays and the burlap chair ties, turning the venue into a fall wonderland.  Lisa Ferreira from Gourmet Confections made a stunning naked cake and homemade dessert bar, and the ladies of Make Me Fabulous did an awesome job with all of the girls' hair and makeup.  Last but not least was transportation, with Today's Limousine providing the limos and town car and Wade Tours doing the guest shuttles.  

I loved working with Jess and Gabe and getting to meet their family and friends!  I know I'll be seeing them at local races - that is if they wait around long enough for me to cross the finish line!  

xoxo,

Shannon























No comments:

Post a Comment