Sunday, July 6, 2014

Katie and Brendan - June 7, 2014



Katie and Brendan were married at Fasig Tipton in Saratoga Springs on June 7, 2014.  Their wedding day could not have been more beautiful with the perfect combination of perfect summer weather, top notch vendors, and a wonderfully fun group of guests on hand to celebrate.  And at this venue, where there are horse stables and an auction center, the environment created its own magical environment for these two to say I Do.

It just so happens that the day of Katie and Brendan's wedding was the Belmont Stakes which this year was the final race to see if there would be a Triple Crown winner.  Before the ceremony the guys headed to bet on the ponies and were likely the sharpest dressed men placing bets at the OTB that day.  Katie kept her day more simple by relaxing with here girls and getting beautified at the hotel.  Katie's dress was a gorgeous layered look with soft lace and a simple silhouette.  Once everyone was ready we scooted them to Fasig Tipton to do their first look before guests arrived.  Once the ceremony was done the partying began and everyone had so much fun roaming the grounds and enjoying delicious food, great music, and even some s'mores roasted at the fire pit.  

I had the pleasure of meeting Katie in the fall of 2010 when I coordinated her cousin Neil's wedding at 11 North Pearl (remember these guys?).  She was a bridesmaid in that wedding, and she was a bridesmaid again in her cousin Betsey's wedding which I coordinated at Wolfert's Roost in the winter of 2012 (Betsey and Brian's wedding).  It is such an honor to me that three sets of couples from the same family have chosen me as their wedding coordinator, and I have been able to come back into their lives and see the couples and their growing families at each of these weddings!  I have officially run through most of the kids on the O'Connor DeChants family but I'm hoping they get creative to keep me around because I'm not ready for this ride to end!

I worked with an All-Star team on this event, including the photography team of Jason and Erin from Gallery 9 North.  Thank you guys for sharing these images with me!  Catering was provided by Mazzone Hospitality and I worked with Lindsay and Pam for the third time this season.  They rock!  Speaking of rocking, Body and Soul kept the dance floor packed all night, and the crowd gave one of the most energetic requests for one more song at the end of the night.  No one wanted the party to end!  All of the beautiful flowers and tablescapes were done by Jordy Baker of Heavenscent Florals.  Lauren and Jeremy of LaRose Media ran video of the event (which I can't wait to see!).  Rentals were provided by Rain or Shine, hair and makeup was done by the uber talented Jen and Chris from True Grace Makeup, and guest shuttles were provided by Upstate Transit.  Lastly, the ceremony was performed by Judge Tom Breslin and the ceremony and cocktail hour music was provided by string musicians from the New York Players.  

Thank you Katie and Brendan for not only bringing me in to your wedding day but also welcoming me back into another special moment in your families' lives.  You are two amazingly wonderful people, and if I hope I get to the west coast someday to visit!

xoxo,

Shannon

































1 comment:

  1. Lovely and beautiful pictures, i am amazed to see these beautiful pictures. Couple is looking beautiful and happy enjoying their best day of life.

    ReplyDelete